This reminded me so much of a long-lived cat, Thomas.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
We went for a drive on Saturday over Monte Cristo. First we went up Ogden Canyon, then to Eden, Utah, then Monte Cristo.
We picked up Subway sandwiches, which is the best way to picnic, then stopped at the side of the road with our blanket. It was wonderful. There were not too many bugs. Trish and I sprayed with bug spray, so they did not bother us too much. One of the things that surprised me, is that the flys did not The drive was wonderful.
The surprising thing was that the Indian Paintbrush was blooming on top of Monte Cristo. As we all know, Indian Paintbrush is a spring flower. I used to pick it every spring to put on the graves for Memorial Day, along with Sego Lilys. That is what I miss most about Herriman. The Sego Lilys growing in the yard. I used to have many and they would last quite a while. I just wonder how the pioneers found the bulbs to eat. I dug and dug, but never got down to a bulb. They sure are deep.
A word to the wise…. If you are going on a 200 mile drive, start before 1:00 in the afternoon. It would make the drive much more fun. And do not take your water pill before you leave. We actually had to stop in the trees. But that is nothing new, right.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Here's what you're supposed to do...
and please don't spoil the fun....
Leave one word answers…
Don’t spoil the fun.
Remember only ONE WORD!!!
1. Where is your cell phone? pocket
2. Your significant other? Dell
3. Your hair? blonde
4. Your mother? Patty
5. Your siblings? 6
6. Your favorite thing? Alone
7. Your dream last night? nothing
8. Your favorite drink? Coke
9. Your dream/goal? Eternity
10. The room you're in? Living
11. Your fear? Heights
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Pennsylvania
13. Where were you last night? home
14. What you're not? thin
15. One of your wish list items? chocolate
16. Where you grew up? Boise
18. The last thing you did? dishes
17. What are you wearing? dress
18. Your TV? Old
19. Your pet? bear
20. Your computer on? yes
21. Your life? Good
22.. Missing someone? Mom
23. Your car? gold
24. Something you're not wearing? Makeup
25. Favorite Store? Joann's
26. Your summer? Painful
27. Your favorite color? Red
28. When is the last time you laughed? Saturday
29. Last time you cried? Today
Now it's 4 answers:
30. FOUR PEOPLE WHO E-MAIL ME? Trish, Alice, Christine, Beci
31. FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS: Cake, candy bar, BBQ ribs, crab legs
32. FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW: relaxing, Boise, Salt Lake, Logan, Some where else...
33. FOUR PEOPLE I THINK WILL RESPOND: Katrina, Alice, Trish, Christine
Saturday, July 11, 2009
What is it like to have a broken arm?
One broken arm is awful. You cannot move it and it hurts so you take pain pills, so you cannot drive, so you are stuck. I do not know which is worse. The pain or being stuck at home.
So I went to the doctor because the “other” arm was hurting so badly. And after poking around a bit, finding the sore spots. And sure enough. The arm was broken. So then I got 2 splints. The good thing is that I can take them off from time to time when I am resting or watching TV. Unfortunately they have to stay on when I sleep.
Unfortunately I have not been able to mail my pincushion, and for that I deeply apologize. It will be off on Monday.
But I am feeling better and hope to be better soon.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
I have received the most wonderful pincushion on the exchange. It is from chookyblue.blogspot.com and it is absolutely wonderful.
Thank you o much. It is absolutely perfect. I had to take all of the needles out to take the picture.