Thursday, November 5, 2009

Countdown to Surgery

I am having a countdown to surgery.  About a year ago I met with my cardiologist concerning an echocardiogram that was done.  The opening on one of the valves had narrowed.  Last spring there was another echocardiogram done and the valve opening had again narrowed. 

We scheduled another echocardiogram this fall, which is not all that unusual.  The studies have been about six months apart in the past.  Well the opening had narrowed even further so a transthoracic echocardiogram.  These is where a probe is passed down your throat to better measure the valves from the back side. 

I don’t know what the measurements were, but the did an angiogram.  That must not have been very good, because she did not even wait for me to come in for an office visit.  We discussed the test and the doctor who did my previous surgery, who is Dr. Bull.  He now heads the transplant team at the University of Utah and works at the VA Hospital. 

So I decided to go with the surgeon at Ogden Regional Hospital.  Of course, I want to do some research on these doctors before the appointment.  I am scheduled to meet with him on the 19th.

Now that I have reached this point I can relax.  I don’t have to be concerned that something is going wrong and my doctor was not catching it.  Although I have not had that concern with this cardiologist.  She is right on top of everything. 

So don’t anyone worry.  I am good, just a little tired.  I am able to do nearly everything I could do last year.  I do have a little trouble shoveling dirt, but people keep telling me I should not be shoveling dirt anyway.

Thanks for all of your good thoughts.

Rose

No comments: