Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tamales


Today we made Tamales.
My neighbor, Kathy, stopped by this morning about 8:30 to let me know that there was a class teaching about tamales. I had told her that I was interested last summer and she remembered. Of course, I invited Trish so we were just a little late.
There were a lot of ladies there and it was great. She had a video on how to make the tamales. It explained how to spread the masa onto the corn husks, then add the filling and roll them. We each got a baker's dozen.
When I got home I got to try out my new steam cold pack canner. It worked great. I stacked the tamales on the rack long-cabin style and steam it for an hour.
They tasted wonderful. We have found a new thing to have for dinner. I was afraid it would be too spicy for Dell but it was not. You have got to give them a try.

No comments: