Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Old Age

My sister-in-law, Beci, sent me this email. It is just too great to not share. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Went to the doctor for my yearly physical… The nurse starts with certain basics.
'How much do you weigh?' she asks. '135,' I say.
The nurse puts me on the scale. It turns out my weight is 180.
The nurse asks, 'Your height?' '5 foot 8,' I say.
The nurse checks and sees that I only measure 5'2'.
She then takes my blood pressure and tells me it is very high.
'Of course it's high!' I scream. 'When I came in here I was tall and slender! Now I'm short and fat!'
She put me on Prozac...What a trip.

2 comments:

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Hi there!

I came here through my blog's "Feedjit" doohickey, and saw me on your blog list! That's so neat, thanks for coming by.

I really liked the stories about your grandparent's farm; what wonderful memories.

Love,

Marqueta

Rose said...

To tell the truth, I am not sure how I got your blog on my list, but I sure enjoy it.

I see you are in Idaho. Where abouts? I grew up in Boise, but my family has lived all over the state.